Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Professional Article Review

Article Overview

 My article talked about the pros and cons of both Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro. The focus points of the article were as follows: comparing and contrasting both editing programs, showing which people would like which program the best, and the author of the article's position on each program.  

Author Stance

The author argues that Adobe Premiere is good because it works on both Macs and PCs and is easy for experienced editors but also promotes challenges with hard to find buttons. They also argue that Final Cut is good for its editing features but is bad because it does not work on PCs. He/she says Adobe Premiere is "perhaps the most similar editing platform to the original Final Cut Pro 7", making it easy for editors. The author also states that Final Cut "has included some essential editing tools that editors have come to expect", therefore supporting both programs. His/her strength lies in that they both have some good pros for experienced editors, but his weakness is that Final Cut does not work for PC users and the Adobe is harder to use. The author concludes that both programs indeed have good strengths but also some interesting and surprising weaknesses.

My Stance

I liked the article because it did a good job proving the goods and bads of each editing program. One thing that I would say the author should improve would be the need for more evidence. The list of pros and cons were quite short and didn't fully grab my attention. The author definitely supported the main points, but probably not as well as he could have. So, the evidence isn't fully convincing. This article implies that I should try each program and decide for myself. After all, this is just one person's argument. 

Conclusion

I would say that the article is quick and good for fast information but doesn't fully look into the pros and cons of each editing software. The author probably needs to go more in depth. Overall, though, I liked the article and it makes me want to try each program for myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment