Sunday, December 11, 2016

Chase Scene with Juan

Pre-Production

Before we started filming, we created a storyboard with the plot of me stealing Juan's lunchbox. The storyboard had about 20 or more shots! To create the full effect and intensity of chase scene, we added a lot of shots. We sequenced the video as such: first, I would steal the lunchbox from Juan in Mr. Cooper's room. Then, Juan would chase after me and we would run all the way upstairs and across the hall. Finally, the video would end with Juan and I colliding. 

Production

We started out on the stairs (because there was a lot of people filming in Mr. Cooper's room) and worked our way to the international language pod where Juan and I ran into each other. Of course, we had to do several retakes because of us messing up or a teacher getting in our way. But, other than that, the film process ran smoothly! We tried to incorporate a lot of different types of shots such as the close up of the feet. Then, the videos were imported from there into Adobe Premiere where we trimmed the clips and such. I learned that it takes a lot to make a one minute video interesting!

Next Time?

We would probably re-do the scene in Mr. Cooper's room when there wasn't as many people in there. That way, we could eliminate the jump cut when I run out of the room. I would also trim the hallway running clips even more and try to add some other shots in it. Finally, I would re-do the scene where Juan runs into the international language pod because he changes speeds in our original video.


No comments:

Post a Comment