Monday, February 27, 2017

Personal Logo Design



3 Personal Logos

For this project, we were to sketch three personal logos. First, I made a logo that contained a video camera and "CF Films" was coming out of the lens. Yet, later I decided the design was too much and not simplistic enough. Then, I made a REALLY simple logo with "CF" in a circle and "Films" on the outside. I didn't necessarily like it though because it didn't have really anything to do with filming. Finally, I came up with the idea of a square-ish design featuring "CF Films" inside an action board. It was pretty simplistic, and only had two colors. I decided to use that one!

Putting it in Illustrator

At first, it seemed like a pretty hard task to get alternating lines with certain shapes. I used the shaper tool and line segment tool to make the alternating black and white strips on the top. Then, I filled in the base with the paint bucket tool and put the text, "CF" inside of it. Although I wanted it to say "CF Films" because I like filmmaking, I decided to shorten it and use the "F" in "CF" to start the word "Films". For this design, however, I only used two colors to make it simplistic and used white font on top of black to make the name stand out. When I originally sketched it, I used black for the "CF Films" font. But I knew I'd use white when I created it in Illustrator.

My Opinion

I really like the final design. I'm glad that I didn't use the other two designs I had sketched, because they were either too simplistic or too complex. One thing that is really good about the design is the action board in the background. It's a square object, and square logos are good for social media and other platforms. Plus, the action board tells all about my "company". It shows the viewer that my company is specifically focused on filmmaking. Plus, the word "films" is incorporated into the "CF" so it also shows the topic there. Overall, I'm pleased with the final product. If I had to change on thing, I'd try to straighten out some lines and such. But for the most part, the design worked!


No comments:

Post a Comment