Wednesday, February 8, 2017

My Personality Type

INTJ

"I" stands for introvert.... which I very much am. I don't talk a whole bunch and prefer to talk to smaller crowds. "N" stands for iNtuitive. This may come into play when making decisions or describing things. "T" stands for thinking. This means that I think rather than feeling. Most of the time, I have to think and decide on things before I do them, rather than feeling what the outcome or situation could be. "J" stands for judging. Judging not in the sense of judging SOMEONE, but something. Like a decision for instance, and what the best option is. Finally, people like Mark Zuckerberg and Isaac Newton also share the same personality I do.  

Breaking it Down

In all honesty, INTJ does a pretty good job describing me. The first part that states, "Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals" is right on. Also "have high standards of competence and performance" is me as well. Something that might not fit my type as well is when it says, "...develop long-range explanatory perspectives". Other than that, though, the description of my personality is almost right on. The text helps me better understand why I do the things I do. Most especially the last sentence because I DO have high standards for myself and others, and now I understand why I make the decisions I do. 


Events and How They Match Up

I tend to take the role of committed. Meaning, if I'm going to do something, I'm going to try to the best of my ability to do it well. This is where the description "when committed, organize a job and carry it through". I try to implement my ideas and goals into the group or family I am working with. This role helps the whole team work even better because all ideas come together to form the best idea. Yet, sometimes the role I need to fill doesn't match my INTJ type. This would include backing off and watching a project go by without any say in what the group is doing. Or, not being able to even organize the project in the first place. I'm almost positive that my sister and I have misunderstood each other because of clashing personality types. For example, when I try to work on something with her, I try to organize it and carry it through the best I can, which my involve some strict rules and guidelines. On the other hand, my sister dislikes this and feels that a plan and rules are not always the best option. This example is the best thing I can remember where we clashed because of differing personality types.


What I Learned

 From this test that we took, I learned why I act the way I act. When someone asks, "Why do you not talk much?" Or says, "You don't talk much, do you?" I can explain to them that according to the Myers-Briggs test, I am the INTJ type, which includes being an introvert. I have also learned that it is alright to be different...... which is what everyone has heard at some point. But, by taking this test, the evidence proves that everyone has a unique personality. This type or personality is especially important in collaborating or working on a group project. You never know, someone might need your personality type in their group to make the final product look good!


The LOGBR Test

For this test, we were to put numbers in each column according to the one that sounded most like us (our strength). 4 was the best fit, and 1 was the least best fit. When I added the numbers in each column, column 3 had the most. Each column had an animal that was linked to it, and mine ended up being a golden retriever. This meant that I am loyal and do not like big changes. It also meant I liked security and am sensitive. For the most part, the description fit exactly how I am structured. The attributes under the golden retriever category were most like me! Basically, this test reinforced the information I received for the Myers-Briggs test, but also added a few new traits in as well.







No comments:

Post a Comment