Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Social Media Article Reflection

Reflection

I found it interesting (and a little creepy) that colleges often search your social media background to see if you are the type of person they'd want to admit into their college. Most students don't realize that what you put out there on social media can't REALLY be deleted. There will people that take screenshots, or save the picture or text message, or whatever. So be careful what you post! You don't want your social media background to come back to haunt you when college admission time rolls around. 

How Can We Avoid This?

Just don't post it. Or send it. If you are silently debating about whether you should post it or not, just don't. A good rule that I learned a while ago from someone was, "post what grandma would post". If you think about this, it's a pretty good rule! Your grandma probably would post about your achievements, or a good family picnic, or a walk with the dog. 99% of the time, she would post the right thing. So follow that example! Post about your achievements and fun times! Don't post things related to alcohol or other inappropriate subjects. No one likes to see inappropriate posts, and therefore it ruins your reputation. 


What I Would Do

I would be more careful with what I post. It would be terrible to have something you posted in 8th grade ruin your college admission process! "Post what grandma would post" is a great rule that I will try to follow. Also, texting or commenting hurtful things could still hurt your reputation as well, so I'd be thoughtful in what I say! I'd start sending more positive texts/comments. 

Just be smart about what you post!

No comments:

Post a Comment