Tuesday, December 12, 2017

ONW Now Sophomore Edition

 

Overview

For this project, we were to create an ONW Now news segment as a sophomore journalism class. We were split into two teams and were assigned roles. I was a part of the production team, which was in charge of the lower thirds, graphics, intro, and outro. 

Process

For our intro, I decided on the theme of "The Office", a popular sitcom. We were assigned characters and filmed almost all of the intro in class. The next day, I went outside in cold, cold weather and filmed the opening shots of the school. In editing, I modeled of "The Office"'s intro and made it somewhat similar. I used graphics at the end to show that it was a sophomore edition. 

What I Learned

I learned about creating an effective intro and became more familiar with Adobe Premiere regarding graphics. I also worked with others to create each shot, modeling of "The Office" intro. Finally, I had a different experience using handheld for the camera, as that was the style in "The Office". 

Improvement and Next Time

I could have used a better font or color corrected some of the shots better. I also could have included shots of everyone (even though I listed them at the end). For next time, I will spend more time color correcting and on fonts/graphics. 

Overall

I think we did quite well in creating an effective and fun intro. I think it really captured what video class is all about: learning and having fun. I will continue to build on my Premiere skills throughout the year as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment