Tuesday, November 22, 2016

AB Sequence

Pre-Production

Collin and I planned our video out on a storyboard. Originally, we had 8 shots. Only 8! For a 30-40 second video, the clips would have been really long, making the video boring. Luckily, we found a way to incorporate more shots into the video. We made sure to include all the 6 shots in the video.


What is This?

This involves a person or thing going from one point to another. Boring, right? Think again. One way to make it un-boring: add a ton of shots! This could include some close ups, establishing shots, over the shoulder shots, etc. The quick change between each clip (which should be 3-4 seconds) makes it more exciting and fun to watch. Basically, instead of watching a continuous clip of a person going from point A to point B, the several frames that go into it keeps the watcher watching. 


What I Learned

There are a ton of clips that go into a simple 30 second video! To keep the viewer interested, this needs to be the case. Also, in order to capture the full moment from A to B, you still have to follow the Rule of Thirds, 180 degree rule, and so on. Close ups also add more emotion to the video, so I tried to incorporate some close ups even if we couldn't pan. I also gained more experience with Adobe Premiere and tried to eliminate cut-frames.

Next Time

I'd probably add some music. Something to make the video even more interesting. Also, in the starting clip, I would get closer on the hands to emphasize the signing of the pass. Plus, I would add more close ups in general. It would be hard without moving the camera, but I'd find a way. Finally, I could stand to make some of the wide shots shorter in length. Even if they were 4 seconds, I would still trim them. During the critiques, I received some comments on what I could do better. If I filmed this again, I would try to stay on one side of the axis line the whole time, and, as I said, I would shorten up some clips and maybe even add some more clips.



No comments:

Post a Comment